Property Owners Insurance

Property Owners Insurance

We understand the needs of residential and commercial property owners, and are able to provide the correct level of insurance cover to meet your individual needs.

If you own a residential house, shop or commercial building and let out your property to a tenant, it is important to take out property owner’s insurance, rather than rely on a household insurance policy designed for a homeowner who resides in their property. We are specialists in arranging property owners’ insurance and can advise on the best solution for your individual requirements, searching a panel of top insurers to find the best cover, ensuring you are totally protected.

Your building should be insured on an all risks basis, including subsidence, for the correct rebuild cost to reinstate the property as new. If you are under-insured, any claim will be reduced by the percentage of under-insurance. A recent survey carried out by an insurer found that out of 128 property valuations, 86% were under-insured by as much as 50%. For this reason, we strongly recommend you obtain a professional insurance valuation.

Landlord’s Contents
Any furnishings, such as carpets, curtains and beds, can also be insured, including items in common areas, and you should always insure items for their full replacement value.

You should also make sure you are insured for loss of rental income for 12 months or longer following an occurrence or damage, as it may take some time to rebuild your property.

As a property owner, it’s important to insure your legal liabilities to third parties, such as members of the public, in case they sustain an injury arising from your ownership of the property and file a claim against you. We recommend this amount should be at least £2m.

Our Property Owners Insurance covers;